Forum rules - please read before posting.

problematic combination of UI button & hotspot action (switch to previous scene)

Hi there.
I searched for an answer to my problem for days without success and now have great hope of finding it here.
I have scenes of type A with UI buttons leading to scenes of type B which, on their turn, have hotspots associated with the action "Scene/Switch previous".
The idea is that using an UI button in scene 1 (type A) leads to scene 2 (type B), in which the hotspot would lead back to scene 1 (type A).
However, the hotspot in scene 2 cannot identify 1 as the previous scene (I suppose this is because the button is an UI object and not a scene object).
I imagine the way around this would not be too complicated (using variables, perhaps?), but I lack the necessary programming skills.
I'll be grateful to anyone who has the patience to provide the answer in for dummies/baby talk mode, as that is what I am when it comes to programming.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @suelydf.

The means by which you switch the scene (Hotspot vs UI Button) shouldn't impact AC's knowledge of which scene was previously opened. What is the actual behaviour when attempting to switch to the previous scene, and do any related messages appear in the Console?

What are your AC and Unity versions, and are all scenes involved added to Unity's Build Settings? If you can share screenshots via imgur.com of the scenes and Actions involved, as well as your Settings Manager, that'll help me understand the situation.

• sorry for the delay to return, I had personal problems. On return I was forced to reinstall everything and it appears to be working fine now.
    thank you very much for your answer.