Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator seems to stop working randomly until redoing the New Game Wizard.

I've been learning Adventure creator for a few weeks now, and it works great, until it doesn't. Seemingly at random, every couple hours or so, the hotspots no longer function at all, and the markers all point to the wrong places. The only way to fix this is to go to the new game wizard and redo the process. This returns everything to normal sans the AC settings like nothing ever happened. Looks like a bug but is there a way to avoid this?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @TedAgriogianis.

My apologies for the trouble - this behaviour shouldn't be the case, though I'll need a few more details to get to the bottom of it.

When you say Markers are pointing to the wrong places, do you mean that the Marker objects in the Hierarchy are all changing position - or that the characters move to positions that aren't represented by the Markers?

If remaking the Managers fixes the issue, this suggests that it's down to one (or more) of your game's settings in the Settings Manager.

The main setting that determines Hotspot interactivity is your game's perspective - is yours a 2D or a 3D game? AC determines this via the "Camera perspective" field in the Settings Manager - when you create a new Hotspot in the Scene Manager, it'll use this field's value to determine if it should be creating 2D Hotspots or 3D Hotspots. These use different collider types, so if your "Camera perspective" then changes, they won't be interactive.

Check that your collider types match the game's camera perspective - are you relying on any custom scripting that may be affecting Manager fields?

If that doesn't reveal any issue, you're welcome to PM me your project zipped up once the issue occurs again.

• @ChrisIceBox Thanks for replying. To clarify, I mean the markers stay where they are, but the characters do not move to the correct spot. Sometimes they move only on one axis, like moving to the correct x but their y position stays the same. Sometimes they don't move at all, which is a recent development. Again this issue gets resolved immediately when going through the new game wizard again. That's an interesting point with the 2D and 3D camera. I'm working on a 2D game with my student, but the new game wizard does say "Seems like you're trying to create a 2D game in a 3D project." If that's the case, I'll look into the camera settings today and see if that's the culprit.

• the new game wizard does say "Seems like you're trying to create a 2D game in a 3D project.

The closest message along these lines is the Character Wizard's "It has been detected that you are attempting to create a 2D character in a 3D game" message, which can appear if you make a sprite-based character in a 3D project.

Are you referring the Character wizard to recreate your character, or are you using the New Game Wizard to recreate your Managers?