Forum rules - please read before posting.

Only trigger hotspot interactions on left mouse clicks

n my game, you use the left mouse button for everything. I noticed however, that using the right button works too. I want to disable this because I now would like the right mouse button to highlighting hotspots. How can I specify that the AC hotspot interactions only work with the left mouse button?

Here's my interface/inventory settings:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amz_vh8OYDX3ve0uy4oaLjBTp2Ql3g?e=1yOsgC

Thanks

Comments

• Do right-clicks open the Interaction menu, or click the Interaction icon in the Interaction menu? And does the Interaction menu AC or Unity UI?

You can uncheck Mouse clicks have default functionality? to prevent them from causing default behaviour, and then map the left-mouse button to InteractionA in the Input Manager to bring back its default behaviour.

For right-clicks, you can map the button to FlashHotspots to have it highlight Hotspots in the scene.

• Do right-clicks open the Interaction menu, or click the Interaction icon in the Interaction menu? And does the Interaction menu AC or Unity UI?

Right clicks does everything except opening the interaction menu
    All my menus use Unity UI

Wow, I think your hints fixed it - all needed to do was:
    1. Uncheck "Mouse clicks have default interactivity"
    2. Map interaction A to "mouse 0" (previously "joystick button 1")
    3. I also removed the positive button for Interaction B (previously "joystick button 2") since I don't seem to be using it

Much appreciated

• edited August 2022

One last thing: Unfortunately, clicking an inventory item with the right button still triggers the interaction, any ideas there?

• With your settings, right-clicking on an InventoryBox with no item already selected should trigger its Examine interaction, if defined. Is this what's running, or is it running the Use interaction / selecting the item?

• edited August 2022

Yes, it's running the examine interaction (which I would expect to only trigger on left-click).

• Right-click is the default - as it is with Hotspots in Context Sensitive mode.

Move your Examine interactions to their Use interaction fields to have them respond to left-clicks.

• edited August 2022

Right-click is the default - as it is with Hotspots in Context Sensitive mode.

My interaction method is set to "Choose hotspot then interaction" (see screenshot above).

Move your Examine interactions to their Use interaction fields to have them respond to left-clicks.

While that works, for some reason it also stops me from being able to drag and drop my items using the left mouse button (like I could before).

• My interaction method is set to "Choose hotspot then interaction" (see screenshot above).

I'm saying that it's similar to Hotspot interaction when you use Context Sensitive.

While that works, for some reason it also stops me from being able to drag and drop my items using the left mouse button (like I could before).

You can use the Clicking an Item without dragging Examines it? option to allow for left-clicks to examine an item, but you'll need to move back to the Examine Interaction fields.

To fix the right-cick being registered even when Mouse clicks have default functionality? is unchecked, open up UISlotClickRight.cs, and replace:

if (KickStarter.settingsManager.defaultMouseClicks && eventData.button == PointerEventData.InputButton.Right)

with:

if (eventData.button == PointerEventData.InputButton.Right)

• I think you ment to reverse those two code snippets - but then it works 👍

Can I ask if this will be included in future updates or will I have to patch AC after every update?

Thanks!

• I think you ment to reverse those two code snippets - but then it works 👍

Quite right.

Can I ask if this will be included in future updates or will I have to patch AC after every update?

It's a bug, the fix will be made official.