Forum rules - please read before posting.

3d sound volume rolloff only working in one direction.

I have scene with a bar, with a sound object playing an ambience. The sound should stay the same while I'm in the main room, but as I exit through a back door it should drop. The listener is attached to the player.

However, the rolloff curve is not working as intended. If I position the player exactly on the sound source, it correctly shows the distance as 0 in the graph, and the sound is on full volume. If I move to the right, it behaves correctly and starts to drop as I move past the minimum sound limit. But when I move to the left, it drops almost immediately and goes mute. I still see the listener moving well within the range of the flat vertical line before it bends down, meaning the volume should theoretically be unaffected.

The directional aspect of this issue puzzles me. Any ideas?

Comments

• The rolloff is a property of the AudioSource - AC won't be involved with its behaviour.

Are you getting this behaviour with a regular AudioSource with no Sound component attached?

• Ok, I see.
    Yeah it makes no difference if I remove the Sound component.