Forum rules - please read before posting.

how to make two characters speak same time

Hi, I'm trying to make two NPC to speak same time same lines. I tried Timeline with two separate NPCs, but it seems that only one speaks. Also if I get it to work, do they cancel each other's dialog menu?

https://imgur.com/a/sRRH1h6

Comments

• edited October 2022

On a technical level, a character speaking, and their subtitles showing, are handled separately. They should both be speaking at the same time - it's just that the Subtitles are only showing the latest to speak.

To have multiple Subtitles appear at once, you'll need to update your UI.

Checking Duplicate for each line? in your Subtitles menu will cause a separate instance of it to turn on for each line, but you'll want to change the Position type to have it appear e.g. over the speaking character's head - otherwise both menus will appear in the same place.

Alternatively, you can duplicate your Subtitles menu and tweak the For speakers of type field to filter what characters it shows for.

• How about excluding the other one from speech menu? They say the same all the time anyway...

• You can set the For speakers of type field to All Except Specific Characters to exlude characters from the Subtitles menu.