Forum rules - please read before posting.

Lag on re enter scene

2»

Comments

• So you dragged all audio in to the drop down addressable window? or did they all go in there once you hit addressable on each audio file?

• edited November 2022

so i tried again and deleted stuff. Now I have selected all my audio files and clicked addressable in the inspector but I haven't received a prompt message? Whatever I do leads to the same errors posted way back I'm afraid.

• Ok HALLELUJAH! I've done it! Thanks for all your help

• edited November 2022

How do we make sure they are loaded into the build however? The speech works in the build from addressables, but the scenes do not, it just hangs black. And how do I set a starting scene using addressables? The starting scene currently is just the scene I was on when I made the build, thanks

• How do we make sure they are loaded into the build however?

The default Addressable group will be loaded, provided you've built it - see the link in my last reply for details.

The speech works in the build from addressables, but the scenes do not, it just hangs black.

To allow for scene addressables, you need to check Load scenes asynchronously? and set Reference scenes by to Name in the Settings Manager. The Load scenes from Addressables? option will then appear.

Scene references are then made via Addressable key - enter the scene's key into e.g. Scene: Switch Actions to reference them from that point.

And how do I set a starting scene using addressables?

Unity requires that a build has at least one scene assigned in the Build Settings, and this will be your starting scene.

You can, however, use this scene purely as a launchpad for running your game's first "proper" scene, i.e. it's main menu scene.

• ok thank you, I have got the scenes working, hurrah! The last problem I have is that in my build when not using build settings for my scenes, all my players prefabs in character settings appear on my title scene (or whichever first scene starts, see title screen in link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KXPI7b493f63DkbHO-2JXj8fFkFTQw9l/view?usp=sharing

• edited November 2022

this is in editor as well as build, and I get this in the console, it is weirdly spawning all my players, but still granting main player access to the default player prefab. See console info too:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t9d3Q-BSGBXBq7hjC2tBp8Gb2KaqN2MS/view?usp=share_link

• Because Addressable scenes are not listed in the Build Settings, they have no build index. You will need to rely on scene names - not numbers - throughout your project - this includes your PlayerStart components, as well as the start data for your Player prefabs.

• All my scenes were already referenced by their name though?
  • Share screenshots of your start data for your Player prefabs.

• The start data for your Player prefabs are accessed via the cog menu beside each prefab in the Settings Manager.

• OK sorted! I didn't know that was there! I also am getting an error when loading a scene for addressables, saying the scene is not loaded but it definitely is as the scenes are loading and not in build settings