Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot is clickable through another hotspot

Hello everyone,

I've started using AC recently and I have a scene in my 2D game where there are items for the player to pick up behind a door. The issue I have is that the hotspots for the items are clickable through the hotspot for the door (which itself has been set up to be opened with a key). I've tried changing the order in layer and the Z-axis values, but the items continue to be clickable through the door's hotspot.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @superepicguy.

The order in layer won't impact interactibility, but the position along the Z-axis should - with Hotspots closer to the MainCamera being interactive over others.

What are your AC and Unity versions, and what type of colliders are you using for the Hotspots? As this is a visual issue, it might help to see the objects as they are in the Scene - both in 2D view and from the side. Screenshots can be shared via imgur.com links if you can.

Alternatively, a "brute force" approach would be to disable the item Hotspot until the door is open. This can be done by attaching a Remember Hotspot component to your item, setting the Hotspot state on start field to Off, and then using the Hotspot: Enable or disable Action on it as the door opens.