Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity 2022.2 Hotspots Not Working

edited December 2022 in Technical Q&A

This isn't a massive issue, due to still being able to run 2022.1 but wanted to let anyone know.

When running 2022.2, hotspots with more than one type of interaction (Example: Use + Look), no longer work. Single interactions still work fine though. The options still show, character moves to hotspot marker, but no dialog seems to kick off.

Is there a fix for this given 2022.2 is very new (a few hours)? Again, no rush. Can just revert to 2022.1.

Cheers.

Edit: I've done some digging. Turns out that upgrading to 2022.2 removed anything inside the Action Lists on any object that had more than one interaction.

Action Lists have to be removed and re-created. The ActionList is empty and adding a new action gives is a number higher than 0, it also doesn't let you "Move To Front" and throws a NullReferenceException Error.

Comments

• edited December 2022

Welcome to the community, @Drewid. Thanks for the bug report

Turns out that upgrading to 2022.2 removed anything inside the Action Lists on any object that had more than one interaction.

Is this to say that some ActionLists in the scene are unaffected?

ActionLists themselves should be independent of the object that triggers them, i.e. the Hotspot Inspector - if they're becoming lost, there may be some other factor at play.

I'll look into the immediately, but if you have any sample scenes/project that you can PM me it may help to have a working project to test with.

• Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to be out until tomorrow afternoon my time, but will get it to you asap.

Some ActionLists have defaulted to the default (0)ActionList: Check Parameter, this occured if there were multiple ActionLists on one Hotspot (Use + Look)

Some ActionLists show no data, but when adding a new action start at (9) or whatever number it was already up to. If it helps in the meantime, the console error when trying to set a newly created Action as "Move To Front" in this case:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow.PerformEmptyCallBack (System.String objString) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:2550)
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow.EmptyCallback (System.Object obj) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:2199)
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, System.Int32 selected) (at :0)

Cheers.

• Thanks. I've tested your scene, and can see the issue - but I will need more to get to the bottom of it. I've sent you a PM with details.

• Thanks Chris, further information has been sent via PM.