Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem using auto-add save components

edited December 2022 in Technical Q&A

I've been using adventure creator for a while, I've done all the youtube tutorials, I've been making a 2D game, where I can get out of a room, I've made another in 3D the same, but now since the last update, when I press auto -add save components, I get an error.

EndLayoutGroup: BeginLayoutGroup must be called first.
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout:EndVertical ()
AC.CustomGUILayout:EndVertical () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/CustomGUILayout.cs:53)
AC.SettingsManager:ShowSaveGameSettings () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SettingsManager.cs:678)
AC.SettingsManager:ShowGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SettingsManager.cs:524)
AC.AdventureCreator:OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:154)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

EndLayoutGroup: BeginLayoutGroup must be called first.
UnityEngine.GUILayout:EndScrollView()
AC.AdventureCreator:OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:155)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

I thought it would be for my project in particular, but creating a new project the same thing happened to me.

Steps to follow:

Create a 3d project in unity, I have tried with 2021 and 2022.

Install adventure creator, create a new game wizard, 3D, point and click

Once created, and saved the scene.

I go to Settings in AC and select auto-add save components.

From here it tells me to make a backup, as always, once accepted, my scene closes and a default scene opens, showing the previous message on the console.

I think it will come from the last update, since as I mentioned, I have been using it every day for at least 2 months and this has never happened to me. It could have been my project, but I already suspect because creating a new project happens anyway. I have also tried to re-import and re-download...

Cheers

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @bbxtudios.

Though I can't recreate the issue on my end, the warning you're receiving should be harmless (though annoying, granted).

When trying from a new project, are you adding the scene to your Build Settings? It should be that you only end up with a default scene if none are listed there.

Other than a default scene opening, is it adversely affecting the auto-add process?

• Thank you for your quick response, well yes, you were right, I forgot to add the scene to the build settings... I'm still not familiar with that in unity, I come from unreal ehehe, thank you very much, in case it happens to someone else, it's silly mistake, thanks again!