Forum rules - please read before posting.

Forgivable jump

Hi everyone

I'm trying to give my game character a little more forgiveness when it comes to jumping from a step or platform. A half second moment where it's not grounded, but jumping is still possible. If there is a setting for this, I've overlooked it, and I haven't been able to find a topic on here that covers it. I understand the general logic behind what's needed to achieve this, being a variable that counts down from 0.5 seconds when the player isn't grounded, during which jumping is still allowed. I've attempted to solve this myself with a small script I attached to the player, but haven't yet been successful. Any help would be appreciated.

• It is a 3d game, third person
  • Movement method is Direct
  • Input method is Mouse and keyboard
  • I'm using a character controller
  • I'm using v1.74.5 of AC (Just worried about updating it atm since I'm using other plugins also)

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @AlissaA.

There's no setting for this, and you may want to look into a dedicated motion controller for such fine-tuning of behaviour, but it would be nice to allow for this with an add-on script.

I'd need to look into this further on my end, but perhaps the addition of a function to AC's Char script to override the grounded state for that frame would do it.

In the meantime, AC's ground check is made within the Char script's IsGrounded function - around line 3899 in the current release. If you fancy your hand at merging your current script with AC, that'd be where to do it.

• Thanks for the advice :) I'll give it a go.