Forum rules - please read before posting.

An objective "Started" state type becomes "completed" for no reason.

Hi, I realized one of my objective Started state has the state type marked as Complete after several runs. I have no idea why and I don't know what I can do to solve it. I tried to make another objective but that objective also has the same problem after several runs.

I am using AC 1.72.4 and Unity 2019.4.6f1. Thanks.

Comments

• By "runs", do you mean entering/exiting Play mode within the Editor?

Best way is to attach a tempoarary custom script to your PersistentEngine that prints a message in the Console whenever an Objective is set to Complete:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class ObjectiveUpdateRecorder : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnObjectiveUpdate += OnObjectiveUpdate; }
        private void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnObjectiveUpdate += OnObjectiveUpdate; }

private void OnObjectiveUpdate (Objective objective, ObjectiveState state)
        {
            if (state.stateType == ObjectiveStateType.Complete) Debug.Log ("Objective " + objective.ID + " set to Complete");
        }

}

When the message appears, copy/paste the full message that appears (stacktrace included), and I'll try to see what's causing it.

• edited January 2023

I found my mistake:
    I was suppose to set the objective state by KickStarter.runtimeObjectives.SetObjectiveState(21,1);

but I wrongly used
    KickStarter.runtimeObjectives.GetObjective(21).CurrentState.stateType == ObjectiveStateType.Complete

instead. So the Started state status become Completed.