Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity UI-based menus and changing background

Hello.
Sry for my english.

I have several Unity based UI menus. Is there any way to change the image-background? I have already done this in another menu using animation, which I started immediately after calling the menu in Action Lists. Now I need to do the same trick with the pause menu and I'm a little confused because I can't start the animation immediately after opening the menu using hotkeys.

In other words, I can do this with a menu that is called only from Action Lists. But I can't do this with those menus that I launch using hotkeys or from another menu ("Menu to switch to"). Because I do not know how in this case to start the animation immediately after opening the menu, as I did before.

Thx

Comments

• Why can't you start the animation, wouldn't it be possible to set the Animator to unscaled time, so it runs even when paused?
    Doesn't it work with Object -> Animate in your action list, right after pressing the button?

• In fact, the main problem was the main pause menu. I didn't know how to launch the Action List immediately after loading the menu, if I launch the menu using a hotkey (for example escape). I remembered about AC Active Input Editor (It has an option "Action List When Trigger") and now my problem is solved.

Thanks.

• I have a new question.
    I can't realised skipping the cutscene from the pause menu in any way.
    I can do this with a hotkey, and I can assign a hotkey to a menu button. But I can't get the menu to close automatically when I click on the menu button to which the hotkey is attached. In order for this to work now, I need to click on the skip cutscene button in the menu, and then manually close the pause menu.

I didn't find any other realisation besides the "EndCutscene input button."
    Thx Alot

• With scripting, you can hook into the OnSkipCutscene custom event to close the Pause menu when a cutscene is skipped.

Try this: copy/paste the code below into a C# file named ClosePauseMenuWhenSkipCutscene, and attach it to a GameObject in your scene.

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class ClosePauseMenuWhenSkipCutscene : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnSkipCutscene += OnSkipCutscene; }
        private void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnSkipCutscene -= OnSkipCutscene; }

private void OnSkipCutscene ()
        {
            PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("Pause").TurnOff ();
        }

}

However, skipping input itself is only registered while the game is in "Cutscene" mode - not when the game is paused.

You can override this, however, by running the EndCutscene function manually through script:

AC.KickStarter.actionListManager.EndCutscene ();

• Thank you so much for your time, Chris.
    Now I have more clarity. It works perfectly.