Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problems with markers and pathfinding

edited January 2023 in Technical Q&A

I am copying and paste an old scene to a new scene file and I get the following message for all my markers.

Cannot calculate path to Hotspot powerpannel's marker. Moving without pathfinding!

what am I missing?

Comments

• This message will display if a Hotspot's Walk-to Marker is not on the active NavMesh.

What pathfinding method are you using, and is the active NavMesh correct? As this is a visual problem, any screenshots you can share will help explain the situation.

• edited January 2023

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh4yu3qwlfozc64/Screenshot_3.png

I am using as pathfinding method Unity Navigation. I am not sure if I should do something with the markers. What do you mean with the NavMesh correct?

• I mean to check that the Marker is within the bounds of the NavMesh. With Unity Navigation, this is a case of baking it via the Navigation window.

When the Navigation window is open, and the NavMesh has been baked, you'll be able to see it represented by a blue area in the Scene window. Is the Marker positioned within it?

• Well a lot of things happened :# . I realized that for my scene the NavMesh wasn't baked so I did. After that everything worked smoothly. Thank you!