Forum rules - please read before posting.

Help with third person camera

Hello,

So I would like to do a third person controller. I imported a third person camera, set my movement to direct, put in tinpot, and set the target of the camera to the player.

However, when I push up on my keys, the camera also goes up. When I press down, it goes down. How do I have it to where it doesn't do this?

Comments

• By "imported", do you mean that you're using a separate camera asset, or you're just making use of AC's own GameCamera Third Person camera type?

If the latter, check the input settings of its Inspector. The default "Pitch axis" input is set to CursorVertical - is this input mapped to your cursor keys in the Input Manager? You can clear this field if you don't want the user to control it.

• A couple more questions about third person cameras:

-How do I stop the camera from moving in and out of the character so much during movement?

-How do I rotate the camera down a bit to look at the character in an angle?

• How do I stop the camera from moving in and out of the character so much during movement?

You can control the influence of the target's speed on the camera's distance within the "Distance" panel. Setting the Target speed influence on distance field to zero will keep the camera at a fixed distance - outside of collision influence.

How do I rotate the camera down a bit to look at the character in an angle?

The Camera: Rotate third-person Action can be used to snap the camera to specific angles. By default, the pitch will slowly return to be horizontal over time - but you can prevent this by unchecking Target speed influences pitch?.

Alternatively, if you want the pitch angle to be fixed at all times, you can set the Minimum pitch and Maximum pitch values to e.g. 20.