Forum rules - please read before posting.

Invert Mouse X/Y

edited March 2023 in Technical Q&A

I'm looking to add the option to invert the mouse x + y in my game (point and click).

Was trying to do it through Re-Wired, but it appears I need to make a change somewhere in AC for this. I can invert using AC for first person though.

I found an old topic, which referenced making a change in PlayerInput.cs - https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/2412/invert-mouse-axis

This is 8 years old though and the line no longer exists. Going over the PlayerInput.cs file I can't exactly see where it calculates the mouse position.

Any tips or places I should look for this?

Cheers.

Comments

• To be clear: are you looking to use Rewired for this?

AC input readings can be modified by assigning a delegate override to PlayerInput - see the Manual's "Remapping inputs" chapter for details.

This approach is used by the Rewired integration found here:
    https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Rewired_integration

If you wanted to invert the CursorHorizontal / CursorVertical axes, it'd be a case of modifying that script's CustomGetAxis function with the following:

public bool invertX, invertY;
    private float CustomGetAxis(string AxisName)
    {
        float value = player.GetAxis(AxisName);
        if ((AxisName == "CursorHorizontal" && invertX) || (AxisName == "CursorVertical" && invertY))
        {
            return -value;
        }
        return value;
    }

• edited March 2023

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I was trying to use rewired for this, and it's fine for First Person KB/M or KB/Controller but not when using KB/Mouse Point and Click.

I'll take a look at what you've provided in the morning and report back.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Hey Chris, sorry for the late reply.

Managed to get it running.

Thanks for your help!