Forum rules - please read before posting.

No new conversations

Greetings to the community, it's been a while since I've been here.
I have a problem with conversations. I can't get them to work right, having tried different options. I have created a video showing the problem:

https://imgur.com/a/feHXRBd

It is as if the conversation that I use at the beginning is established and the ones that I try to put later no longer work. Could it be a problem with the "Remember Conversation" component? Or something that I have configured wrong?

Comments

• Welcome back, @weblanzarote.

It's a bit hard to make out the text, but the second Conversation, "SIGRID 3", seems to have no options. The Action that runs this is set to run the "EmpiezaBusqueda" ActionList, which has its own Conversation.

Since "SIGRID 3" has no options, it'll be skipped immediately and so the "BELFALAS_1" conversation, called from EmpiezaBusqueda, is being run.

• Thanks for the response Chris. But I'm afraid that's not what's happening.

Sorry for the quality of the above video, imgur compressed it too much. I use another service now: https://streamable.com/pieq2x

There is the SIGRID2 conversation which has three options. Each option leads to a different actionlist:

SIGRID2_ComoEncontrare
    SIGRID2_YPorQueYo
    SIGRID2_PartireAhora

The first two actionlists end with the SIGRID2 conversation again, while SIGRID2_PartireAhora has a different option: SIGRID3

And here it happens that if the user first chooses the option SIGRID2_PartireAhora it works correctly. SIGRID3 is displayed as it should.

But if the user first chooses any of the other routes with the SIGRID2 option, it continues to also appear in SIGRID2_PartireAhora, replacing SIGRID3

I don't know if the fact that the error "The Menu 'Conversation' has its Source set to UnityUiInScene, but no Linked Canvas can be found!" it will have something to do with it. The thing is, Conversation does have the links, but I can't get that error to go away.

All this I have tried to show in the video. I hope that helps

• I've tried recreating your Actions, but I can't get the issue to occur on my end.

You're using a very old AC version, however - in a backup/duplicate project, you should try the latest release.

One thing I am seeing is that the logic needs tidying. See the warning boxes in the ActionList: Run Actions: you can't run an ActionList from within it like this - you need to have the output simply re-wire back to the first Action to restart it. It's also the case that you don't need to have a separate Dialogue: Start conversation Action for each option - you can loop back to the first.

If you go back to your OnStart cutscene, check Wait until finish? in the ActionList: Run Actio that calls SIGRID2_YPorQueYo, and wire its output back to the Dialogue: Start converation Action, you can remove that same Action type (and outputs) from SIGRID2_YPorQueYo. Similar changes can be made to the other Actions.

• Thank you very much Chris. I have updated Adventure Creator and managers and now it works. I am also following your advice to organize the logic of the actionlists and it is true that it is much more efficient that way.