Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hover effect on Item-Cursor

Hey, I was wondering if there is an easy way to add some sort of hover effect on the item-cursor.
I work on a 2D project, when the player picks an item, the cursor becomes the Item-Sprite as set by the AC-Item options. But if I now want to use said item on a hotspot, is there a way of adding a hover-effect (or change the cursor-sprite) to the cursor, and not the hotspot? To give the player the feedback that he can use the item...

Comments

• edited April 2023

Welcome to the community, @MattSymetry.

There's a few ways you can do this, depending on complexity needed.

1. If you assign an "Active graphic" in the Inventory item's properties, the cursor graphic will display this instead when hovering over a Hotspot that has Inventory item interactions defined. An optional "pulsing" animation can be set for this from the Settings Manager's Active cursor FX field in the "Inventory settings" panel.
    2. If you assign a "Cursor (optional)" instead, you can check Animate? to have it play an animation when hovering. The animation's frames are taken from the assigned texture, so they'll need to be arranged in a grid.
    3. If you set your Cursor Manager's Cursor rendering field to Unity UI, then you can use Unity Animator parameters to control the display of your cursor Image component. This is more complex than the others, but it offers more specific control. More details on this can be found in the Manual's "Unity UI Cursor rendering" chapter.
  • Thanks for the quick response! Works like a charm! @ChrisIceBox