Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character doesnt move after save and load

Hi guys, I have been using AC for a couple of days and I am amazed by what it can do in a very short time. I have a tiny problem, which is when I save my game and load it the player character doesn't move at all, I can still interact with the items and objects on the map but the character does animation on his exact location. When I click on an item and instead of going to the marker location, the character does his animation on his position. But before saving a game the character does everything perfectly, I have been following this tutorial to set my environment and character:

I also tested different movement methods. I am a newbie here so I might be doing some silly mistake.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @enestos.

Check the Console window to see if any related messages are appearing at this time.

What are your AC/Unity versions, and does this issue occur if you temporarily rely on the 3D Demo game's Player character, Tin Pot, instead?

His prefab can be found in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Demo/Resources. You can test this out by dropping him into your scene - this'll override any Player prefab you have assigned in your Settings Manager. If your own Player is in the scene, temporarily disable the GameObject.

If he doesn't have the same issue, revert back to your own Player and share screenshots of their Inspector - taken at runtime, both before and after the issue occurs.

• Hi, my Unity version is 2020.3.21f1 AC version 1.77.1 and I tried to use the tin pot from the demo, and the same thing happened.

I created a tiny video showing the problem and the inspector section during and after the problem occurs. Thanks

• edited April 2023

Thanks for the details. Is the scene you're using added to Unity's Build Settings?

The only potential issue I'm seeing is that you have a Remember Moveable component attached to the Player. This'll conflict with the Player component, which saves/loads the character's position itself - so you should be OK to remove it.

I'll need to dig a bit deeper into your scene file and Manager assets. Would you be able to PM them to me? If the issue is occuring with Tin Pot, I shouldn't need your Player prefab/assets - just the Managers and scene should be enough.