Forum rules - please read before posting.

Smoother Transition between scenes - Black frames between scene switching

Hello again. As the title suggests, I'd like to know if it's possible to remove the black frames that appear when switching scenes. I've looked online, but I can't seem to find an answer for this. For context, I'm trying to find the best way to handle transitioning between two versions of the same room. I was able to do it with animators and variables, but this would require adding an animator to each room. I've decided to try switching scenes, but the black frames create a disconnect in the transition.

I've added a video to showcase what I am trying to do, and what the problem is. - Please keep in mind that the transition will go both ways, from light to dark and from dark to light.

If there's a better way of doing this, I'm willing to give it a try.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r9hEroxNeo2toxUrAEEOvC2C6IeBiMzA/view?usp=share_link

Comments

• While I'd probably go with sticking to one room, and altering its appearance through animation, you should be able to mask a transition (at least as best as possible) by checking Overlay current screen during switch? in the Scene: Switch Action.

• That's how I did it initially, through animation. The example from the video actually has "Overlay current screen during switch" in the Scene Switch Action. I guess I'll go back to the initial Animated Version, it seems to be much simpler to implement than what I've done now. Thank you for the reply/confirming my suspicions.

• If the overlay option is checked, the screen shouldn't be turning black during the transition - it may be a bug if so.

Could you share an image of the Action and your Settings Manager's "Scene loading settings" panel?

• edited May 2023

I've done the entirely different flow. I've shared the image with the settings.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E1tMPDk0nBWfIzMlPZkiaJWzMDBwB3DG/view?usp=sharing