Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dynamically added ActionInventorySet no longer points to the next action in the list

edited May 2023 in Technical Q&A

I create a lot of action list dynamically (for example calling ActionInventorySet.CreateNew_Add and adding them to an action list at runtime). When adding actions to a list like this, the new action always connects nicely to the previous one in the list (an Ending is added pointing to the next action).

I noticed however, that adding actions AFTER an ActionInventorySet for some reason no longer points to the next action. I don't know what version av AC this broke in, but when I tried the previous version that my Git repo had of that file it started working again.

So when using the latest version, I now have to add this in order for the next action to connect nicely:
newInvenotryAction.endings.Add(new ActionEnd(false));

I have no idea if ActionInventorySet is the only action affected by this change, if this is by design - could you let me know which other actions are affected?

Thanks

AC: 1.77.3
Unity: 2022.2.19

Comments

• I'll attempt a recreation. What version of AC is used in your Git repro backup?

• I'm guessing it was the release prior to 1.77.3

• Reproduced.

To fix, open up ActionInventorySet and add this to the bottom of its Upgrade function:

base.Upgrade ();

• Works 👍