Forum rules - please read before posting.

Main Goal Objective Question

The main goal of my game is to find all of the missing components/parts of the puppet. Its helmet, a part of his hand, a pair of shoe and his eye button. The question here is how can I setup a simple node that whenever I find them, the system remembers and gather them altogether working like an if statement? If I have them all, the system understands that I found them all and shows me on the objective menu "Complete".

Comments

• PS: I forgot to mention that whenever you find an object, that specific object become visible on puppet's body, if there are all visible on puppet's body the objective set state is complete.

• Here's my try but it's obviously not working
    https://imgur.com/a/EzndL19

• edited May 2023

I am by no means an AC expert, but I set up something a little like this by setting up a few variables.
    example: set a variable called Head (true/false)...then another for Helmet (true/false)..then within the ActionList use Variable -> Check for the status....if both are true, then condition has been met.

It may not be the best solution, but it worked for me. Hope that helped.
    Chris or another user may have better solutions.

• Variables are the best way to keep track of the finer details of your game's logic.

Rather than having separate variables for each part, though, you should be able to get by with a single Integer that represents how many you've picked up, e.g. "Num Parts Found".

Each time the Player picks up a part, use the Variable: Set Action to increase this Integer value by 1. Then, follow it up with a Variable: Check Action to see if it matches the total number of parts to find. If so, the player's found all of them and the puzzle is solved.

To avoid having to create copies of these Variable Actions for each part, move them to their own ActionList and run the ActionList after each part is picked up.