Forum rules - please read before posting.

Question on enabling or disabling a hotspot interaction and scene switch.

edited June 2023 in Technical Q&A

Hello, I'm currently attempting to modify hotspots by enabling or disabling their interactions using an interaction action list. However, when I switch scenes and return, the interactions reset to their initial enabled states. Although I'm not specifically trying to save the game, I would expect that switching scenes would remember the interaction state even without saving. Interestingly, my desired behavior occurs as expected when I attach a "Remember Hotspot" component. Does this imply that I need to attach a "Remember Hotspot" component to all the hotspots that I expect to stay with the modifications of enabled states on scene switch? I already have Constant ID and remember Variables (to save component variables) attached to my hotspots.

Comments

• edited June 2023

Don't do that manually, in AC Game Editor -> Save Game Settings, there is an option to Auto-add save components to GameObjects just use that, when wanting to add it to the whole scene, backup your project beforehand. That will add the remember Hotspots to any that are in the Scene.

• Does this imply that I need to attach a "Remember Hotspot" component to all the hotspots that I expect to stay with the modifications of enabled states on scene switch?

It does - the Remember system is used to tell AC what data you with to keep track of - both when revisting a scene, and when creating a save file.

The Manual's "Saving scene objects" chapter explains how this works in more detail, but the auto-add button can be used to automate this process.