Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make cursor appear during conversation

edited June 2023 in Technical Q&A

I am using Unity 2019.4.6f1 and AC 1.72.4.

I want to let players to pick conversation choices by the cursor in some occasions, but I couldn't find a way to show the cursor during conversation. I tried using the Cutscene cursor, which appears during dialog in the cutscene. But once a conversation starts, the cursor disappears. What should I do?

Comments

• AC treats the displaying of dialogue options as a separate "Conversation" state - it won't consider this as a Cutscene.

When in the Conversation state, the "Main cursor" - assigned at the top of the Cursor Manager - should display. Is this assigned, or do you want to hide the cursor outside of this mode?

If so, you can assign the texture here, and then check both Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins? and Hide cursor when locked in screen's centre? in the Settings Manager to hide it by default.

In the Conversation menu's ActionList when turn on/off properties, you can then run instances of the Player: Constrain Action to unlock/lock the cursor manually when the Conversation menu is displayed.

• I found the key option in this case is that I have set Directly navigate menu during conversation in the menu manager. Is there a default action I can toggle this value? Or can I use a custom script to control this option?

• A custom script can be used, yes. Any Manager field value can be controlled through script at runtime - just right-click its label to get an API reference to it. In this case, it's:

AC.KickStarter.menuManager.keyboardControlWhenDialogOptions