Forum rules - please read before posting.

Show all hotspots

edited July 2023 in Technical Q&A

Hi.
There is this feature -I don't know what it's called- that some adventure games had, where you press the spacebar, and all available hot spots would glow. I first remembered it on Simon the Sorcerer, but lately I've seen it in almost all retro adventure games.
Is there a simple way to do this with AC?

Comments

• I figured out that there is a FlashHotspots in the Input Manager, and that hotspots have objects to highlight, but I can't get it to work. Is there a tutorial or something (I couldn't find much on the manual)

• The FlashHotspots input will cause Hotspots to highlight in the same way that they're highlighted when selected - if set up to do so.

The exact method depends on the effect you're going for, but the Highlight component is necessary for each. For each Hotspot, you'll need an individual Highlight component assigned in its Object to highlight field.

This Highlight component normally gets attached to the Mesh Renderer that represents the visible object in the scene - but if you're just showing an icon, you can attach it directly to the same Hotspot.

Once assigned, go to the Settings Manager's "Hotspot settings" panel and configure the Display Hotspot icons field to suit - more options will show once set to something other than None.

If things aren't working, share details of the exact effect you're going for, as well as screenshots of your setup so far.