Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with TMP and WebL

Hi
I have a very strange problem.

I changed the build settings to run WebGL, and it built successfully. However, the components that was using TMP stopped working, and AC wasn't updating the TMP texts in the prefabs. As a result, all my hotspots read "Hotspot text goes here," and the pixel crushers Dialogue System just showed "New text." under every option. However, the logic still worked, and choosing the last option finished the conversation, for example.

At first, I thought that TMP didn't work on WebGL, but the text displays. I mean, the component draws letters (the placeholder text). It's just not connecting to AC to get the proper information.

So I went into the Menu Manager to see what was going on, and the manager was referencing the text (TMP) ConstantID. However, the field was for a normal text, and I couldn't drag and drop any TMP objects on the linked text field, only old-style texts.

I switched back to the Windows build, and everything went back to normal. I can't figure out how to get AC to display TMP information on a WebGL build.

Comments

• AC requires the TextMeshProIsPresent scripting define symbol to be present in your Player settings - in order to know that it's "safe" to run TMPro-related code.

Scripting define symbols are, however, a per-platform setting. If you switch platform, you'll have to define TextMeshProIsPresent again.

• Thanks. That fixed it.