Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Issue?] Sound - Change Footsteps doesn't change/play sounds

Hi there!
I've been doing a lot of sound design for the game lately, and I decided to do custom footstep sounds for each type of floor. My problem is that the sounds don't seem to play when I use "Sound - Change Footstep". Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this an issue that has been overlooked? I've attached a screenshot of the setup.

The screenshot is taken from the "Onstart" action list.

As always, thank you in advance for your help!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oiy6QPHYPcSrLcWCKpqZO49YydcYtTql/view?usp=sharing

Comments

• This Action relies on the separate "Footstep Sounds" component, which will need to be attached to your Player (either on the root or a child).

Is this component present? Running the Action will log a warning in the Console if not.

• ah, that's why. I did not have that set-up. Does this "Footstep sounds" component need to be added for each individual type of footstep I want to add? For example if I have a grass one and a wood one, do I need to add the component twice, add the number of footstep sounds, asign them individually and set the rest up via the Action List - Sound?

• No - only one per character. The Action will affect the AudioClips assigned to it.

• I've set it up and I've attached a screenshot of the action list and component. One final question, is it suppose to overlap the default steps with the walking sounds? For example, I'd like to use default in particular places only, and the woods steps in the woods, but not together. Thank you in advance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KV0DYnvt-YtzjPTxPueg8PM_oXzBVASP/view?usp=sharing

• Please disregard the last comment. I found a workaround. I removed the standard footstep sfx. I'll add all the samples to the compotent and I'll control them via "Onstart or with triggers whenever I want to change it. Thank you @ChrisIceBox