Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot play animation "BrianIdle.." on character My new Player's Animator (and other issues)

edited August 2023 in Technical Q&A

Hello

It's been a while, and I'm trying to remember the basics. So I made a new test/tutorial project.
And I tried the things from the 2D tutorial video on the website.
(I have the last version of Unity/AC)

And here I would have 2 main problems.

1)I took some steps from the 2D tutorial, especially to create a Player, and move around there. Everything was fine (with 8 directions), I made a build and was able to run the executable. So I can walk freely everywhere.
The next day when I opened the Unity... it didn't work the same. I can only move left-right and I don't understand why.
If I delete and restore the Player, the new Player will "fall" from the scene. (and at character wizard, but just second time, I got something with... attempting to create a 2D character in a 3D game... but this is a 2D game)

I have some info about: Idle_D cannot find Sorting Map to follow! , but I have one NavMash2D already...

So I made a new project.

2) On the new project, with the same steps, I have this issue:
Cannot play animation "BrianIdle.." on character My new Player's Animator
And I can move in all 8 directions, but without animations. I will also attach some images.

https://ibb.co/HzfdWVt
https://ibb.co/gDj9wVF

Thanks!

Comments

• If the Player was falling through the floor, it sounds like the game thought it was a 3D game, and not a 2D one.

This is set in the Settings Manager's Camera perspective setting. It might be that it wasn't saved somehow, or the wrong Settings Manager asset was assigned.

Your second project just has a typo - it's "Brain", not "Brian".

• Ohhhhhh.
    You are right.
    Thank you so much :D