Forum rules - please read before posting.

[variable][Set timer] Trying to create a room/object that increases "hp/sanity" per tic duration

edited August 2023 in Technical Q&A

Hello again!

As the title suggests, I'm attempting to create an item that, when interacted with, increases the HP (sanity in this case) by a value of +1 every 5 seconds. As an example; I've experimented with the "Variable - Set Timer" feature, and it works great. However, the issue lies with the "Min Value" requirement. Leaving it at "0" would result in ending the game, and setting it at 1 or any other value would defeat the intended purpose.

Is there an alternative approach to achieve this? What I'd like to accomplish is having the Sanity value increase by 1 unit every 5 seconds, while updating the Variable value as it currently stands (for example, if it's at 3, it should increase by +1 until it reaches 5). This change will be reflected in the UI avatar, which will also dynamically change based on the character's HP/Sanity level.

As always, thank you in advance for your help, and I wish you a wonderful weekend.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cp4YtVV3SSxewiH4TX5geKaVDH1dJKqI/view?usp=sharing

Comments

• Set the Action's Method field to Resume - that'll cause the Variable to remain at its current value, as opposed to resetting itself to the defined Minimum.

• wonderful. I'm dumb. I don't know how i missed that. Sorry and thank you!