Forum rules - please read before posting.

Link Variable to Animator - Canvas

Hello there. This is a continuation of an older thread. (https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/13151/link-variable-to-animator-sanity-hp-mechanic#latest) <- I've added link for context.

I was able to set up the Sanity/HP just fine (with help from this forum). My question is in regards to "Link Variable to Animator" in relation to Canvas. Can I set this up in any way so that it acts like UI, or do I need to work around it and attach the object (animated portrait) to the player, or make the mechanic static/cinematic?

The current logic is as follows: Whenever the character gets a -1 or +1 point on the linked variable, the Animated Portrait appears, plays an animation, and fades out. I'd like it to act like UI, but it appears that animations don't play via "Link variable to Animator" in Canvas.

Is there any other workaround, or should I just attach it to the character and have it mimic Canvas UI that way?

As always, thank you in advance, and have a wonderful day ahead!

Comments