Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make Prefabs Of Adventure Creator actionlist Objects?

So I made this ladder, and I've been wanting to basically use it as a prefab so I don't have to re-hook up all the markers, objects and hotspots. But, simply making it a prefab breaks the connections. In this case it's a ladder, but I'm wondering if broadly there is a function within Unity or AC that would allow prefabs to work on objects?

video example:

Comments

• It's possible, but you need to rely on an ActionList asset for the logic as opposed to a scene-based Interaction.

Because this same ActionList would then be run for all instances of the prefab, you'd also need to involve parameters to describe the objects specific to that instance - i.e. the movement Markers etc. This can be done with the "Set Interaction Parameters" component.

This is a fairly involved topic, and a dedicated tutorial can be found here.

Essentially, though, the steps would be:

1. Using the Inspector's cog menu, convert your Interaction to an ActionList asset file.
    2. Set your Hotspot's "Interaction source" to "Asset File" and have it reference this new asset.
    3. In the asset, replace direct references to specific GameObjects with GameObject parameters
    4. To the Hotspot, attach the "Set Interaction Parameters" component and assign objects in its prefab to the parameter values.
  • Thanks! I'll give that a watch!