Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot find the local variable in v1.78.1

Hi
Since upgrading to 1.78 I've started to get an error in one of my action lists.

I have an action list that sets a local variable, I have an action asset file that the checks the local variable. I'm getting the error "The 'Variable: Check' Action halted the ActionList because it cannot find the Local Variable with an ID of 5
(From Action #5 in ActionList 'Show On Screen Menu')" however that local variable ID matches the local variable.

Is this something to do with an action asset file not being able to access local resources? I'm sure it worked before 1.78 though.

Olly

Comments

• It's not possible for ActionList assets to reference Local variables, as they exist in the scene.

Could you share a screenshot showing how the Action appears in the Editor? It should display a message to this effect.

To have a scene-based Variable be referenced by an ActionList asset, rely instead on a Component variable. You can do this by creating a "Variables" object in the Scene Manager, which can then be referenced by asset files via its Constant ID.