Forum rules - please read before posting.

1.78.2 upgrade issue

Hi, I've been using 1.76.3 for a while and just tried to update to 1.78.2. Am going through the Package Manager and have updated Adventure Creator many times in the past without issue. This time, importing the Scripts causes a series of unignorable Errors about DragAndDrop. I'm including 3 of about a dozen that appear. Its happening in the CustomGUILayout, InventoryMaanger, VariablesManager, MenuManager, and Document scripts, most are for GetGenericData
Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Documents\Document.cs(425,36): error CS0117: 'DragAndDrop' does not contain a definition for 'GetGenericData'
Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Static\CustomGUILayout.cs(105,17): error CS0117: 'DragAndDrop' does not contain a definition for 'SetGenericData'
Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Static\CustomGUILayout.cs(106,17): error CS0117: 'DragAndDrop' does not contain a definition for 'AcceptDrag'

From my admittedly basic understanding, DragAndDrop is a part of Unity itself? I've tried the usual things of deleting Library and hitting Reimport All, no luck. I'm on 2021.3.29f1 LTS currently, and tried upgrading to 2022 to see if that fixes it, but that's become a massive headache for other reasons and I'd like to stay on 2021 if at all possible.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• The Unity version should be fine - and yes, DragAndDrop is a Unity class.

Check that your project doesn't have a script file or custom class named DragAndDrop as well. If so, assign a namespace for it - otherwise, it'll create a conflict with Unity's built-in class names.

• Ahhh, a DragAndDrop script was snuck inside another asset's Demo folder! Thanks for being such a responsive dev, it's always a help.