Forum rules - please read before posting.

Option to Turn off Dialogue Wait time offset

Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered before. Some players of my game have expressed interest in an option to globally turn off the Wait time after offset(s) timer. Is there a way to do this? I generally don't put ridiculous wait times (0.5 to 0.75) but I think certain types of players just want to mow through the content as fast as possible, so a toggle to turn off wait times might save a few brain cells. Thank you!

Comments

• To be clear: this is the Initial post-line delay (s) slider in the Speech Manager?

Any Manager field can have its value modified at runtime through script. To access it, right-click its label to copy an API reference to it, which can then be used in script.

A tutorial on this technique can be found here.

To incorporate this into your Options, create a new Global Bool variable named e.g. "Skip waiting", and set its Link to property to Options Data. This will cause its value to be stored alongside the rest of your options, such as volume levels, language etc, as opposed to individual save-game files.

Next, update your Options menu to include a Toggle element linked to this variable - so that the user has a means to change it.

To this Toggle, assign an ActionList when click asset, that checks the value of the Variable, and uses an Object: Call event Action to run a function that updates its value accordingly.