Forum rules - please read before posting.

Check Current Journal Page in ActionList

Hi all,

Is there a way to check which journal page you are on currently?

I tried looking into the actions, but I wasn't sure if there was an option -- thank you!

Comments

• Not directly, but a simple custom script can link this value to a Global Integer, which can then be checked with the Variable: Check Action:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class LinkPageNumber : MonoBehaviour
    {

public string menuName;
        public string elementName;
        public string variableName;

void Update ()
        {
            int value = (PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName (menuName, elementName) as MenuJournal).GetCurrentPageNumber ();
            GlobalVariables.GetVariable (variableName).IntegerValue = value;
        }

}

• @ChrisIceBox Thank you so much! Would this be attached to a gameobject in the scene or the menu prefab?

• If you only need to access it while the menu is open, either should be fine.

• Awesome, thank you so much!! :)

• Is there a way to trigger a Variable: Check action each time one of the journal buttons is clicked (to navigate left and right in the journal)?

• The Menu: Click Event can be used to run an ActionList when a given Menu / Element is clicked.

This can be set up in the Events Editor - a new feature introduced in v1.78. You can access it via the top toolbar, and details can be found in the Manual's "Custom events" chapter.

• Thank you so much! I'll update and check this out!

• @ChrisIceBox I just updated AC to v1.78 -- just wondering, might you happen to have the RememberHotspot script handy in the new package?

I am getting an error in the RememberHotspotEditor which says that showGUI does not exist, and I'm wondering if I may have accidentally deleted something -- thank you so much! :)

• Have you imported v1.78 fully, without omitting any files for import?

To be sure you have imported all of AC's scripts, re-download the package - and then in the Import window, uncheck all except the "AdventureCreator/Scripts" folder. That should import all of AC's scripts.

• Ah yes! Looks like I was just missing something strangely in the RememberHotspot script -- thank you so much!