Forum rules - please read before posting.

Loading Game - Remember Transform takes a frame to kick in?

So I have this puzzle where the player pushes a barrel over a button to open a pathway. It has a remember transform on it.
When I save/load, it looks like there's 1 frame where everything is default and then snaps into position, causing all animations/sfx to kick in as though the player had just pushes the barrel on top of the button. Is there anyway around that?

Comments

• to clarify, you don't actually see the barrel out of position, you just hear/see all the animations that it being in position triggers.

• Another relevant detail, the trigger on the button is an 'on enter' trigger, that detects when the barrel is pushed into it.

• edited October 2023

Thanks for the report - though I'm having trouble recreating it.

What are your AC/Unity version numbers, and could you share the Inspectors of both the barrel and the Trigger?

Is the Trigger turned off once the barrel enters it?

• edited October 2023

The trigger settings.
    https://imgur.com/a/niSqtDA

video of it in action

It looks like it re-triggers all the on-enter effects

AC version 1.76.3
    unity 2021.3.20f

• Thanks for the video - though it appears to be private.

You'll either need to set the Trigger's Reacts property to During Gameplay, or disable it once the barrel has entered it.

• Setting it to only during gameplay made it not detect when it entered since the "pushing the barrel" animation was a cutscene. And I didnt see anyway to disable a trigger with actionlist, only disabling hotspots seemed like it was an option. I tried to teleport the collider itself away, but the problem persisted. But I did find a solution in the end.

What ended up working was setting a component variable on whether the switch was on/off and having it check that as the first action. So even if it does run, it now does nothing if its supposed to do nothing.

• You can disable a Trigger with the Object: Send message Action, sending it the "Turn Off" message.