Forum rules - please read before posting.

Fps Node based/marker movement with free-aim

Hi Chris,
I'm trying to setup first person where the player clicks on hotspots to move around in the scene. I've had a lot at the node movement scene but can't seem to find the actions triggering the AC UI movement. I believe they are custom scripts.

Is there away to use the AC Game Camera to achieve fps free-aiming? I've tried Follow Cursor but using this method creates unwanted panning/spinning of the camera during movement cut scenes.

What else can I try?

Thanks

Comments

• edited October 2023

If you want the Player to pathfind around the scene as they move between areas, you can set the Movement method to First Person, and then use the Player: Constrain Action to limit the Player's movement in all four directions. Movement commands with the Character: Move to point Action will still be respected, and the head-bobbing settings etc will be applied as they move.

Alternatively, if you want free-aiming without the use of First Person mode, you can try the free-aiming camera available on the wiki here:

https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Camera_-_Constrained_first-person