Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem hiding menu elements

Hi, i'm the man of AC weird behaviours :(
I'm modifying the Pause menu to fit my needs. Using UI menu prefab. As my game will rely on autosaves i won't need load save and profiles.
Converted Save to "back to main menu" button ---> worked
Hidden Profiles button---> worked
Hidden Load button---> not worked! :open_mouth:
Tried to hide button with actionlist---> not working...
LOAD button never disappear (tried also with options button, same result)

Really cannot understand what's going wrong...

Comments

• Is the screenshot taken while in Edit mode? It looks like the UI Button has become unlinked with the Button element in the Menu Manager.

Try re-dragging the Load Button component into the "Linked Button" field shown in the screenshot - that'll cause its Constant ID value to be displayed underneath, showing the link has been re-established. That should cause the Button to then respond to visibility changes set by the Manager.

• i tried that, but then i discovered the issue. it was related to the AUTOSAVE.
    Seems that the UI is saved in it's layout. As i canceled the save , the UI behaved like it should have done. This, however, gives me a new cause for concern. If I go into production and need to make updates, what will happen with the game in the hands of users? Will there be any changes that won't take effect because the version in the autosave will be taken? Won't I be able to change the User Interface, adding maybe a button?

• As part of a game's save data, the visibility states of your Menus and their elements are recorded.

You can still add additional elements, Menus etc - but loading an earlier save made without them won't affect those new entities.

Despite what gets saved, however, it's still possible to alter what gets loaded. If you load a save game via the Save: Save or load Action, checking Selective loading? lets you filter out specific data from being restored. Currently there is no "Menu" option, but I will look into providing one.

Either way, you can also apply whatever Menu states you need enforced by running an ActionList after a save-file has loaded. This is most easily done by creating a Save: Load: After event in the Events Editor.