Forum rules - please read before posting.

Use a gamepad, mouse and keyboard together.

Good afternoon. I use Adventure Creator as my main asset (third person camera, interaction with hot spots and triggers, menus, etc.). But the ABC asset (Ability & Combat Toolkit) is responsible for moving the character.

streamable.com/62ik7u

To track the character's movement, I use the third-person camera Adventure Creator.

streamable.com/tjosmc

I need users to be able to play with both a keyboard and mouse and a gamepad. In the ABC (Ability & Combat Toolkit), a new unity input system has already been configured for player movement and it interacts well both in keyboard and mouse mode and in gamepad mode.

streamable.com/5q56gy

But the third-person camera in Adventure Creator, as well as menu navigation, etc. only work in keyboard and mouse mode. How can I add gamepad interaction?

Comments

• Are you using AC's Input System integration package? The Controls Reader component should handle the processing of input from the Controls asset.

Your camera relies on CursorHorizontal and CursorVertical input, which should work with gamepad so long as you have such a definition in the Controls asset.

Is the camera unresponsive to the gamepad regardless of your Input method?

Try re-downloading it importing it into a fresh project, without ABC, and testing the same third-person camera settings. It works on my end.

The latest release of this package features multiple control schemes, which can optionally affect AC's "Input method" dynamically - but this shouldn't be necessary for gamepad input to be read.

• Good afternoon. Yes I tried to use it
    Integration: Input System from the download page, which shows the integration of the new Unity input system and the Adventure Creator.

In the mode when I connect a gamepad: camera rotation, menu selection works fine, but character movement for which ABС is responsible does not work. As I understand it, Integration: Input System takes full control and blocks the character's movement with the new input system configured by ABС.

In the mode when I connect a mouse and keyboard: very fast camera rotation (camera settings no longer apply), character control from ABС works.

• Thanks for the elaboration.

ABC has its own InputActions asset, and your Player features their own Player Input component - with Auto Switch checked - to read it. AC's Input System integration features its own as well, as part of its ControlsReader component.

The quirks of using two such assets and components together will be down to Input System's inner-workings. You can try unchecking Auto Switch on one or both of the Player Input components, but I'd imagine the most robust solution would be to merge the two InputActions assets together (i.e. add ABC's inputs to AC's Controls asset), and then replace your Player prefabs' Player Input component with the components on AC's ControlsReader prefab (removing this separate prefab from the scene to avoid duplicates).