Forum rules - please read before posting.

Selectively Load Scene as Addressables

Hello Chris,
I'm tackling something I've never done.
I've read in the forum that AC should now support addressable scene loading, but I never used and I wonder if it can be done only to some platforms without changing entirely my project (I've one single project for all the platforms, with scripting define symbols and such).

I try to explain better: my project has basically just 3 scenes (firstload-mainmenu-mainscene), and for size reasons (for Google Play storefront) I need to have my mainscene (the heavier one) as downloadable addressable from an external server. But I want this to happen only when building on Android, all the rest should load as always locally.

So, I was thinking, maybe I can create a fork on my ActionList to check which platform we are, and if on Android then change scene loading as an addressable, and if not, load it normally.

Is this possible within AC?
Do you have any recommendations in this sense?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• The Engine: Check platform Action can be used to reroute ActionLists based on which platform you're working with.

However, when working with Addressable scene-loading: when a scene is referred to by name, AC will look for a matching scene key. If one isn't found, it'll then fallback to the names of scenes in Unity's Build Settings.

Therefore, you should be able to switch between your mainscene as being Addressable for Android, and in Build Settings for others, without affecting the ActionList logic.

• Awesome, so basically I don't have to change anything on my end and AC will handle that...!