Forum rules - please read before posting.

A* Pathfinding - Character Walking Weird [Stuttered movement at start]

So I set up A* pathfinding but noticed... it looks like pathfinding defines a "move from point A to point B" however, it moves the character to point A before moving her to point B, which creates this weird stuttering effect where she'll stop, turn around, turn around again and proceed to point B. And if I click rapidly, she'll get stuck in place constantly trying to reach "point A" before going to point B. Which I know probably sounds like a confusing description so I attached a video.

Comments

• small update; by increasing the grid size to be very tiny 0.03 I was able to minimize the stuttered walking effect to an almost acceptable level. but every now and then she does still flicker the wrong direction as she backtracks for 1 frame or two to "point a"

• Thanks for the report. I have a hunch this is down to the character returning to the centre of their current "cell" before continuing. I'll look into this further and report back.