Forum rules - please read before posting.

New camera check action

Hey Chris, I saw that you added an official Camera Check action, but I already had a custom action with the same name, which I had to delete to resolve the conflict. I don't mind doing that, the functionalities are essentially the same, but at this point I have hundreds of scene and asset actionlists, and I don't remember all the times I used the old action.

I did a text search through all the files in my project, and it found only three occurrences of "className: AC.ActionCameraCheck" under backupData in a single scene file. These might have been the only times I used the action, but I'm not 100% sure. Is this a reliable way of finding where the actions were used? I.e. are all occurrences saved in plain text like those?

(Thanks for adding support for camera movement while paused, btw, I really appreciate it!)

Comments

• If you still have the custom Action type installed within the Actions Manager, you can click the cog icon beside it to have AC search for all references to it.

• I didn't, but nothing that creating a branch from an earlier commit didn't solve. Thanks!

In case anyone else is looking for more info: no, a text search is not enough. It finds the backup data in the scene files just fine, but not in the actionlist assets. The reference search Chris mentioned is the way to go.