Forum rules - please read before posting.

Are there ways to distinguish between the translated and untranslated gathered text?

I am facing a problem that, I have gathered some text before, and already got them translated. But afterwards I have modified and added some text. So after I re-gathered the text, I would need to send them out for translating the modified and new text.

Since it is a big file with many lines, may I ask would there be ways to identify which line-IDs or rows in the csv are modified and new?

p.s. I have both the old csv with the original text and the translated text, as well as the new csv with the re-gathered text.

I am using Unity 2019.4.6f1 and AC 1.72.4.

Comments

• edited December 2023

If you're using version control, you can compare changes made to your Speech Manager asset file to see which lines were modified.

If not, and if this was before the changes were made, I'd suggest creating a new language (which will use the original text by default), and setting that as your "default". You could then compare this with the original text to check what's been modified.

Otherwise, as you have the old CSV backup, you should be able to do some spreadsheet trickery to compare your "Original line" columns that share the same Line ID. How exactly you'd go about it would be based on your spreadsheet application, but moving the backup to a second sheet in the new CSV file should let you reference both in a LOOKUP statement.

• Thanks a lot. I did it using the spreadsheet LOOKUP function and conditional formatting to find those lines.