Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionList breaks

Sometimes when I double-click to open an actionlist from within another actionlist, all or some of the actions disappear. Is this a known bug? Should I just avoid trying to open another actionlist from within another? This has happened to me many times in the past, and I think they've always been actionlist assets inside the project folders. I always know it breaks when my cursor shows the loading icon multiple times in a row.

Comments

• Thanks for the bug report. Avoid opening it that way for the moment - I'll look into it further.

• I'm having trouble recreating this reliably.

What are your AC and Unity versions, and does it improve if you open up AC's ActionListAssetEditor script file and replace the OnOpenAsset function at the bottom with the following?

ActionListAsset actionListAsset = EditorUtility.InstanceIDToObject (instanceID) as ActionListAsset;
    if (actionListAsset)
    {
        ActionListEditorWindow.Init (actionListAsset);
        return true;
    }
    return false;

• edited December 2023

I'm using AC version 1.79.1 and Unity version is 2021.3.25f1. It's difficult to recreate this reliably myself too. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the actionlist autosave that may happen at the same time or if it's something else. It's quite rare and have happened to only couple of my projects that I remember.

Not sure if at all related but when making new actions it always defaults to this:
    when all other projects default to the engine wait action, which I would prefer. I'm not sure how I would be able to change that.

This is also quite common error that pops up when doing stuff with actionlists:

I haven't noticed that it would affect anything though.

• Have you tried the code change above?

This is also quite common error that pops up when doing stuff with actionlists:

Is there anything else beneath the message when selected?

• Have you tried the code change above?

I wasn't able to modify the code correctly since it only threw up a bunch of errors.

Is there anything else beneath the message when selected?

No, that was all.

• I wasn't able to modify the code correctly since it only threw up a bunch of errors.

What were the errors, and can you share a screenshot of the modified code?

• Replace the entire contents of the function - start with if (Selection.activeObject

• Right, sorry about that. No errors this time. I'm trying to see if I can still recreate the bug.

• edited December 2023

There's still the bug, but I just noticed that it happens every time when opening that way with the same actionlists

• I think it may have something to do with the Run in parallel action. If both of the actionlists has that action, something breaks when opening one from within the other.

• It looks like this is more to do with the two ActionLists being linked. Did you duplicate "1" to create "2"?

If so, if you manually create "3", add the same Actions as "2", and then have "1" reference "3" instead of "2", does the issue remain?

• The issue remains, duplicate or not.

• Could you PM me the two ActionList assets?

• Thanks. A fix for this will be included in v1.79.2.