Forum rules - please read before posting.

String GVar isn't localized

I've got a string global variable with the flag 'Value can be translated?' set. When I'm copying this variable with the 'ActionVarCopy' action, its text value isn't localized, but for some reason PopUpValue is translated. The current language is English, so it looks rather strange to me, it seems that TextValue should be localized too.

Comments

• Thanks for the details, I'll investigate. What AC and Unity versions are you using?

• Thank you! Unity 2019.4.40f1, AC 1.78.4

• Recreated, partially.

If the variable you're copying to also has Value can be translated? checked, then the string value should transfer correctly - and update itself if the user changes the language.

If unchecked, however, then the variable takes the value of the original string, untranslated. Is this what's happening here?

In this case, I shall amend it so that it takes the current, translated, value. However, it'll still remain as this value even if the user then switches language - which can be avoided by checking the above option.

• Yeah, you're absolutely right! 'Value can be translated?' wasn't checked for the destination GVar, I set it, and now copying works just fine! Thank you!