Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue Toggle option parameter

Hi, I'm currently working on a 2D game and I was wondering if there is a way to use a parameter for the Dialogue: Toggle option. In my game, when a player is given two dialogue options and chooses one, the other option should never be shown again. Up until now, I've been manually using the Dialogue: Toggle option to turn off the unchosen option. However, I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way to do this within Adventure Creator that I might not be aware of. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• A custom script can hook into the OnClickConversation custom event, and turn off all options that don't have the same ID as the option clicked:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class AutoDisableConvOptions : MonoBehaviour
    {

void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnClickConversation += OnClickConversation; }
        void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnClickConversation -= OnClickConversation; }

void OnClickConversation (Conversation conversation, int optionID)
        {
            foreach (var option in conversation.options)
            {
                if (option.ID != optionID) option.isOn = false;
            }
        }

}

• Thank you so much for your help once again! This approach is indeed much more efficient.