Forum rules - please read before posting.

is it possible to save when dialogue is still playing

Hi Chris,

I am testing if I can save when dialogue is still playing, but it is fail. I start new project to test. In on start action list to play some dialogues, and set an active input that can be trigger at any time. The active input used to run stop speech and overwrite as autosave. The speech is set display forever until skip. When the dialogue is played and I press active input, i get a warning that "cannot save at this time, the actionlist is blocking gameplay". So I wonder why stop speech can't stop the dialogue and also overwrite autosave is also didn't work. So is it possible to save and stop speech when dialogue is still playing. I really need help, thanks. AC version, 1.78.4, unity : 2022.3.9f1

Comments

• Saving is prevented while in a cutscene - but if you play speech that's not in a cutscene, you can save.

Set the ActionList's When running field to Run In Background. If you need to prevent e.g. Player movement and interactions during this time, use the Engine: Manage systems Action.