Forum rules - please read before posting.

Where can I ask for PAID help?

I don't want to ask in the wrong subforum, so feel free to direct me to another subforum.

Here's my problem :

1. I want to do a game in Adventure Creator which doesn't match exactly any of the provided templates because it's between 2D and 3D. Before you ask: No, it's not exactly 2.5D either.
    The player is a billboard character evolving in a 2D scene projected on a 3D mesh. I've noticed that the weird perspective confuses AC a little bit. To give you an idea, this is my prototype : the mesh is almost entirely vertical despite the illusion of depth.

2. I'm already entirely new to Unity and completely overwhelmed by the millions over millions of properties and submenus.

3. I'm tied down with the game's graphics and I want to move fast. My idea is that I'd paid someone to show me exactly how to implement the main features I require in Adventure Creator, and then just follow the recipe.

4. I've looked on Fiverr and while many people offer paid help with Unity, no one advertises knowledge of AC.

Would you or someone you know be interested?

Comments

• edited February 17

You're welcome to request for paid assistance here.

If your characters are 2D, but the scene uses meshes, then a standard 3D game should be your starting point. Sprite-based characters can exist in 3D games: just use 3D physics components if you need to give them Rigidbody / Colliders etc.

The prototype doesn't reveal much in terms of the methods behind it - or how characters might come into play. If you can share more details on how things would work in a practical gameplay scene, I can try to offer more detailed advice.

If your scene meshes are largely vertical (i.e. without depth), however, what you might want to consider is to arrange things "flat" on the ground, so that the camera is looking down at them from above. That way, the scene itself will be mainly along the X/Z plane, so that you can bake a NavMesh etc as normal.

• Thanks!
    Ah, the "flat" camera is a very very good tip, I couldn't have come up with that in a million years.