Forum rules - please read before posting.

Set menu button or label text through ActionList

Hi!
Is it possible to set some text in a menu from an ActionList.
I don't see it among the "menu" options.

I want to make something a little like a QTE, but for dialogue.
If an NPC walks past you, or you past them, they may greet you and you will have a few seconds to respond. But the responses you'll be able to give change. The menu will have up to 4 responses you can give and I'd like to show a 1 word prompt in the buttons. So every time I show the menu, I need to be able to choose what words to show.

This is separate from more typical conversations, for which I will use the provided dialogue system.

Comments

• The Menu: Update content Action can be used to amend Menu text at runtime. It's a relatively recent addition, however, so you'll need to be using the latest release.

You can also do this with Global Variable tokens - see this tutorial as an example.

If you're presenting the Player with a set of options, however, it might be best to use AC's Conversation system. You can hide your regular Conversation menu, in favour of another, with Menu: Change state Actions that lock one and unlock another.

• Locking and unlocking the menu is indeed what I was looking for! Thank you