Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person AC Player Prefab Crouch

Hi there,

I’m using the First Person AC Player Prefab. Its excllent as it is... but I must have done something wrong, when I Crouch, my player character can never stand up again? Have I missed some setting in AC or maybe inputs?

I downloaded and installed the AC Player Prefab from the main website, and haven’t changed anything with it. I have repeated the process in 3 differnt unity versions.

Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• @TheBear
    Well, it's strange,
    it's happening in my AC too.
    But if you move your character to a little bit forward,
    your "Crouch"'s input should be work

You can see my screen Record here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MkmF-xuLJ17MTB1NkGUn9W5Degbss-4S?usp=sharing

Strange tho, i think it's a bug that AC must fix,
    @ChrisIceBox is it some bug?

• Yes, a bug.

I have updated the downloadable package with a fix - importing it will be enough, the Template does not need to be re-applied.

• Sadly Crouch has stopped working again. No idea why. I update to the AC V1.805, found I couldn't stand back up after a Crouch. I have re applied a fresh download of the AC First Person.

I have the option turned on to stop Run if player is crouched, the players speed remains slow as I can stand back up. But.... If walking in crouch for a time, the camera height pops back up to normal, or after a Jump. The speed remains at Crouch pace, and I can't re'crouch again. I presume it thinks I still am stuch in Crouch mode.

:(

• Does this occur in a fresh scene with an empty Plane for a floor, or only when there are colliders in the scene that prevent the Player from crouching?

The latest AC has its own First-person template - no need for the one on the Downloads page. You can access this by running the New Game Wizard and choosing to modify an existing game (the second option).

• Using the AC First Person template works to restore crouching. yay...

It generates a player that has not got a Tag of Player...

I've now introduced an AI enemy scipt to the project, it looks for the Player tag... so I set the new AC First Person player tag to Player. My AC player can crouch... but now not stand up again.

Same issue, different cause? I assume somehow the method call for AC standing back up is being ignored/blocked. Can't work out why though?