Forum rules - please read before posting.

Accessing string global variable as string parameter in action list

Hi!

I have a few string global variables that I would like to access in the Menu > Change State actions, but they don't show up in the dropdown. I can only choose actual string parameters as the menu to affect.

• the global variables are of type string
  • the action list has them as global variable parameters

My idea is to have a few menus that I need to change or target a lot as global variables. I may need to change the menus later and don't want to go through all the action lists individually.

Comments

• update: I thought I found it and tried using [param:4] as text in the menu to affect field but that did not work. Was that meant to have worked? If so, I'll take some screenshots.

• The token should be accepted - what's your AC version?

• I think I updated it to the latest version.
    I put "[param:4]" in the dialogue line field to see what the actual text was, and it said "1". It does seem to work if I put "[var:1]" in, which correctly gives me "Conversation".

So it looks like I won't need the global variable parameters but should just use the global variable tokens.

• I don't know what value Parameter 4 should take, but parameter values should also work in the Action.

If you'd like me to investigate further, I'll need to see screenshots/details of the specific issue.